Monday, 26 June 2017

Pretty Papers and Summer Days - DCE Special English Country Garden

Come back summer, all is forgiven!

On my blog today are some of the cards I designed for the Die-Cutting Essentials special edition kit - English Country Garden, featuring a gorgeous die set, stamp set and embossing folder from Apple Blossom, alongside a stunning set of pretty summer papers in the prettiest of colours and patterns. 








Amongst the papers are toppers and images which can be used alongside the dies and embossing folder, of course, everything matches perfectly, which is what you would expect from a kit of this quality! 

Making these cards made me think of warm summer days, afternoon tea, a glass of cold lemonade - or a small white wine...!


Here is the cover card, which I designed using a bit of everything - and a LOT of some things, like the pretty flowers and butterflies! But it shows the versatility of the kit, there is so much you can do with the trellis die - here I extended it to fit the full height of the embossing folder. On this card, I embossed my white cardstock and then coloured the raised area with green ink to bring out the vines. Everything else just grew around it, my aim was to create a spread of summertime colour around the focal feature through the archway. Full instructions for this and all the other cards are, of course, in the magazine, I hope this taster whets your appetite!

This shows a simple way of using the trellis die to make a border. I only used two cuts and snipped them along the centre. The toppers and backing papers are delightful, this was a quick and easy make!
Another way to use the trellis die is to make white-on-white background panels with it - with a result that almost looks like embossing your cardstock with a trellis folder. Burt of course you control the pattern, the size and style.
The stamps that come with this set include this beautiful quote, and once stamped, I die-cut a simple oval and mounted it onto one of the long toppers that comes with the papers. Of course you can use the outer die from the trellis frame to cut your toppers, so everything is perfectly neat and professionally finished. and again - it's easy!
On this card I ran the leafy vine down the side of the card, just to break up the straight edges of the patterned paper. 

You will see from the cover of this magazine that there are MANY more papers, in so many different styles, and my tiny collection barely scratches the surface! I LOVED looking at all the other designers' work in there, so much inspiration, and I genuinely look forward to playing with the rest of the kit and having a go at some of the amazing ideas the ladies have come up with. 

It's in the shops now - I know because I've done a few little squeaks of excitement when I've seen it in Morrison's, WH Smith and Hobbycraft this last week. If you can't find it, you can order it directly from Moremags where you will also see their enormous range of craft titles, back issues and special kits. 

Happy Crafting!
Nicky x








2 comments:

  1. Great cards Nicky love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the cover spot, Nicky. Simply beautuful cards. x

    ReplyDelete