Saturday, 25 February 2017

Stay Curious...with Visible Image

I am SO in love with this cat. I don't think there is an EASIER stamp than this one, Curious Cats, to start from, but the effects you can achieve are incredible. Those eyes are just amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a stamped image that's so realistic. Anyhow, enough of my enthusing...

Created on a background of....yes... Distress Crayons! I blended some neutral tones and then picked up some distress ink colour in greens and orangey browns, making them watery and then making long drips across my card with a paintbrush. A bit of drying time and then I repeated the process at the other side. So rather than top to bottom, you get a bit of a cross stripe. And my tatty tabby was born!

Once I'd stamped and coloured the cat's features (because my base card was coloured I stamped an extra pair of eyes onto thin white card and cut them out to stick over the original ones, you can't tell!) I added the whiskers (all stamped with Versafine Onyx Black), and a little bit of depth with my Spiced Marmalade ink pad and a blender, and some paws and the repeated word 'Curious' across the top and bottom. It only remained to stamp the sentiment in black, and mount the image, and the card was complete.



 Be sure not to miss out on news and inspiration from Visible Image by liking and following their facebook pages, accessible via the following links:



And don't forget to add the following to your apps!

Happy crafting!
Nicky





1 comment:

  1. Your artwork is fabulous and I've just become your newest follower so that I will be able to see all of your future creations. A wonderful crafting friend of mine has just sent me the 'Stay Curious' set through the post and I can't wait to have a play with them, so thank you for your inspiration. Happy crafting, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete