Saturday, 4 February 2017

Destination: Visible Image

Another sample from this month's launch of Visible Image's new collection of stamps, today I'm sharing a card I made with two sets, Destination Unknown, and a pair of awesome background stamps, Scripted Streets
I first prepared my background with my new Tim Holtz distress crayons. I used the neutral tones, the main colour being my new favourite, Rusty Hinge, but I mixed it with lighter and darker tones to achieve an aged, rustic look.
My whole background sheet was a piece of A5 Mixed Media card. From this I was able to make my square background AND my tag.

TOP TIP! If you are preparing backgrounds in advance of a project, always cover an area larger than the one you might choose to use; you then have spare colour matched background for text or testing mediums on (which was how this tag started, if I'm truthful! I was testing the background stamps on it)

So as you can see, I used the background stamps first, to add a little interest to the square, and then I stamped the words around the page, and triple stamped a few for shadow.

I filled spaces with arrows and arranged my tag, using string to secure it to the card. 
Although the base card is kraft card, as you can see, all the work was done on white card, which I then distressed round the edges and mounted onto black, with just a tiny border, This works in two ways; it strengthens and flattens the mixed media card which by now has been quite 'worked on', and it draws the eye to the detail.

The planes and boats....!
Adorable, and inspired!
I stamped onto thin white card, used grey distress ink to watercolour a small amount of shadow onto each one, and adhered them to the card, some flat, some on pads.


All of the stamps used to make this card are available on preorder (although not long to wait now!) from Visible Image, click here to see their website

 Helen, Mark and the Design Team will be showcasing all the new stamps from the February release, so be sure not to miss out by liking and following their facebook pages, accessible via the following links:



And don't forget to add the following to your apps!



Happy crafting!
Nicky




3 comments:

  1. Fantastic card and the mixture of distress ink and crayons look amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Nicky...think I'll have to invest in some Distress Crayons 😃 xx

    ReplyDelete