Sunday, 29 January 2017

New Release! Visible Image - Born to Perform


Oh. My. Goodness.

When something comes along that just takes your breath away...

This image of the ballerina, from the Born To Perform set of stamps by Visible Image, is truly the most beautiful image of a dancer I have ever seen. I have sought an image like this, and then Mark delivered, without even knowing how high up on my wishlist this was! 

With the brand new February 2017 release of some ground breaking new stamps, this set, Born to Perform, delivers style and potential in bucket-fulls. I chose to keep my first card simple,to showcase the beautiful ballerina, so here it is...
If you know anything of my style, you will understand (and sympathize) how hard it was for me to achieve this effect. I needed to keep the white space but my, it was a challenge that I enjoyed!

To get the background effect I took three of the new Nuvo Aqua flow pens, in Aqua Splash, Indigo Dawn, and Spiced Ginger. One by one I dropped liquid from each pen onto a large acrylic block and pressed it onto watercolour card, drying with a heat gun between each press.

Two colours:
Preparing to add third colour:
Drying: 

If you don't dry between colours, they can merge and go murky. It's a slow process but SO worth it to get the optimum result! And you can add more colour if you feel it needs it. 

I then stamped the dancer in purple pigment ink, which remained wet long enough to be able to add glitter purple embossing powder, and which I then heated with my heat tool.
You can see here that I then got a little splatty, mixing a couple of drops of ink with water, in my palette, and flicking the brush over the watercolour card. Again, dry with a heatgun if you can. I also dotted around my image with an embossing pen and sprinkled the purple glitter powder over it, just to match the splash of the tutu! 

The final touches were to add the key words, and then some super tiny gems in toned colours. I hope they add a little movement and flow to the project. 

If you want to see more of Visible Image's new releases for 2017 then click here to see their website

The next few weeks are going to be terribly exciting as Helen, Mark and the Design Team showcase all the new stamps from the February release, so be sure not to miss out by liking and following their facebook pages, accessible via the following links:



And don't forget to add the following to your apps!

I'm off back to my creating, I look forward to sharing something else from the new release very soon. 

Happy crafting!
Nicky
















2 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic - love it 😍 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kath! And thank you for taking a moment to stop by and comment too :-) xx

      Delete