Monday, 23 January 2017

Floral Chalkboard - Craftwork Cards

I'd like to share a little about the beautiful new collection from Craftwork Cards, released just today.
What a pleasure - working with pretty things is just a pure joy, so let me talk you through some of the cards I've made...

The kit is available through both Create and Craft and Craftwork Cards' own shop, in a slightly different form, but whichever you choose, you get a whole lot of loveliness, starting with the fabulous A4 Book of papers, with 8 designs, so lots to choose from!


1. The A4 pad means that you can cover your A5 card blank top to bottom:
The circular toppers and sentiments barely need an introduction; here I've used two, and a nice simple lacy circle die to mount them on. A lilac ribbon and bow and the card is complete.

2. Try it a different way:
The background is the bottom 7.5 cms of a sheet from the pad
The 'Have a lovely day' is a chopped up sentiment from one of the circle toppers. A couple of extra diecut flowers curled and arranged in the right places

3. Turn a narrow card upright!
I added a tiny border round the paper to match the white circle that I layered behind the topper. The bows!!! I love the bows in this kit.

4. Round edged card blanks
Craftwork Cards are bringing out all sorts of card shapes, and this, although simple, just adds a little something to the presentation of your card. I do have a corner rounder punch of my own so I took advantage of it and rounded my backing paper to match. I made a lacy lilac ribbon background to lift the topper, but everything else came from the kit - so much to choose from!

5. A Brainwave!
I wanted to do something patchworky, but I didn't want to cover the whole card in squares, so I made eight, and then had a think about which eight letter word might fit in the gaps.....errrrr??? Why 'BIRTHDAY' of course! It was, literally, a lightbulb moment. The letters come from one of the sheets, all little banners with the alphabet on, perfect for personalising your greeting.

6. Challenge: No black
One lilac topper, one lilac sentiment, one square of the lilac background paper, which I stamped on, just because I felt like it. Matching ribbon to finish, but alas, I had no lilac liquid pearls so I brought in the pink and white to finish off. 

7. More card shapes
I kept it simple by layering square on square here, over a blank card coloured with lilac Pan Pastel. A couple of extra embellishments, cut out from the toppers, and a lot of Stickles!

8. It got wacky!
I started edging with Picked Raspberry, and just kept going. The fun was in repainting the little birdhouse in pink too, using a waterbrush. I love folded butterflies, Julie said she was going to demonstrate them on the Tuesday show so look out for that one.

9.More shapes

Such a pretty die-cut card, and again I didn't want to over complicate things, so I selected the right circle die and made eight. You'll see, this also covers over the fold where two of the petals are cut off by the crease. It has to be that way but this restores the balance, in my eyes.

10. One more...
The beautiful minty green paper can't be ignored, and it complements the other patterns perfectly. I just added crystal Stickles to the dots, and had fun making a circle of pearl dots around the central circle topper.

11. And finally...(It goes up to 11. One louder than ten!) My favourite!
I do love an aperture. this card is only about 5x5 inches, but it's just so easy to decorate with a chopped up circle topper and some snipped sentiments. Flowers and gems...et voila!

So that concludes my tour of the cards I created for the show, I hope they inspire, please feel free to take my ideas and run with them - that's why I share these makes.

I have one more make to share - be sure to follow my blog or subscribe to email alerts so that you can see when the blog pops up...it's a little project I've made with the papers, and it was a whole lot of fun!


Until then, happy crafting!
Nicky xx









2 comments:

  1. Love...all, Nicky. Thanks :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning cards and an absolute GENIUS idea using the circle dies to cover the flower card blanks. Awesome! x

    ReplyDelete