Monday, 5 December 2016

Mandala Moments - I love you!

I think this one might be my favourite from Tonic Studios' latest release - Using three different dies and stamps from the Mandala Moments collection to get the loveliest of sentiments - but stamping and embossing in white, and filling in with just a little bit of black.However there is one extra touch...Here is the card flat:


But here is the card upright:
You'll see I used the LOVE die on the 6 x 6 inch card base and took it out of the front by positioning it and rolling the whole of the card blank through the machine. It just added another dimension to some already amazing dies.

I stamped each of the three words onto separate red card, heat embossed and added black Nuvo Brush Script pen to them, they are so amazing for getting the fine detail into the smallest of places, but what's even more fun is that the white embossing acts both as a guide to stop your pen straying, and as a resist if you go over it. 

To position the LOVE I closed the card and laid the the diecut word through it. The 'I' and the 'YOU' are on 2mm sticky pads but I stuck the LOVE directly to the inside of the card for the tunnel effect that you get when the card is opened.

A simple wrapped ribbon and bow to finish off this contemporary design, nothing more needed, for as they say, it's all in the words...!

Nicky x

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for another inspirational blog. I've just received these stamps and dies. I cannot wait to try them out. Elisabeth x

    ReplyDelete