Tuesday, 29 November 2016

Mandala Moments - It's in the words

Saying it with words this week, Tonic Studios' latest launch is a set of mandala inspired words that make up special sentiments, plus three gorgeous stamps, the mandala flower, the ladybird and the dragonfly. Every stamp has an accompanying die, giving a professional finish to your design. I really liked that. As much as I LOVE cutting, you can just tell when a die has made all the difference. 

The first card I'm sharing has been coloured in, as also brand new out today are the Nuvo Brush Script pens. They have a really fine brush nib for detail but then brush...like a paint brush! They can be watered down to make gorgeous tones, just scribble onto a glass mat or acrylic block and add water, you can use it like paint

Using three colours, I filled in a stamped 'HUGS' making sure there was no white to be seen. This is where the fine-tipped pens come into their own. You can literally do a dot smaller than a pin-head. Start with the lightest colour, take your time, and enjoy colouring...it's so relaxing! 

To mount this card, I diecut the HUGS and positioned it diagonally across a Tonic layered heart, in turn mounted onto an Amber Yellow Craft Perfect circle, onto black. The back card, Coral Pink, is slightly smaller than A6, and I stamped LOVE twice, with Archival Ink for a bold print.

Decorated with a flower and swirl from Beautiful Blooms, I coloured through the black outline to match the HUGS.

Contemporary and funky, I hope you enjoy Hels' shows with this fabulous new launch!

No comments:

Post a Comment