Sunday, 9 October 2016

Love Music - Love Visible Image!

I've made so many male cards with the music ideas on, then I stopped and thought - what about the girls - like me! And I wanted to play with some gorgeous pink and pale green chalk acrylics which totally float my boat...so this is the result. This card was featured on Create and Craft in September but for the benefit of new stampers and crafters who have joined us over on Visible Image this year, I've remade it, and taken some pics as I went along, to show the different stages of its creation.

I used stamps from the following sets

Music on World Off
Sing
Own Kind of Beautiful

along with

Paperartsy Chalk Acrylic Paints
dotty stencil
Black archival ink
Picked Raspberry distress ink
Black and white fine liner pens


Step 1 
I first prepared my background using a Creative Palette plate, mixing my colours and then applying white card. I did a few - more for future projects.


Step 2
When dry I added the musical stave randomly and some edgy splats with the distress ink
Step 3 
I stamped the headphones, the large loveheart and the MUSIC centrally in Archival ink and heat set it to dry
Step 4
I added random musical notes
Step 5
I painted inside the heart with dark pink acrylic then stamped the words onto separate painted card, cut them by hand and arranged them on the card. 
Step 6
The difference that a black and / or white pen makes - highlighting, shadowing, really lifting the features you want to stand out
Step 7
I framed and mounted my card, I used another 15x15 piece that I had painted, but which wasn't as bright, as my base on the card blank, and matted the top onto black to make it pop out.

I really hope this has been helpful, especially to newer stampers who are learning how to build up backgrounds. 
Click these links to get to the Visible Image shop, The Visible Image facebook page, the facebook group where you can share your makes and get inspiration, and of course the blog 
Thanks for stopping by 
Nicky x







1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous tutorial! Thank you for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete