Monday, 5 September 2016

Just be Happy...

Another marvellous monolith to share with you, from Visible Image, decorated this time with bright funky colours and more stamps from the fantastic Summer 2016 collection, to be shown (with never seen before extra features) on Create & Craft UK on Saturday 10th September at 4pm.(and on the US show on Friday night!)

I absolutely LOVED putting this piece of work together, especially as the Just be Happy slogan pretty much sums me up right now ( and it has nothing to do with the kids being back at school this week, either!) I prepared the monolith with white gesso, then white acrylic paint, and stamped the arty splodges ( from the new version of  Music on World off) directly onto the MDF with distress ink. I added the sun effect by masking the largest circle , then stamping, applying white embossing powder and heat embossing The Ripple Effect and added the smaller circles randomly too. The funky large heart is a new add-on to the set Own Kind of Beautiful.

Reverse: Pinks and greens and Be your own Beautiful - but two of the butterflies have been stamped onto shrink plastic - now that was fun! I made 3 large ones on plain white card and matched them all up.

The wrap with the words on came about as I was test-stamping the colours on an off-cut from a previous card - and I thought 'ooh that works for me!' so I put my text on both sides of my wrap, sealed it at one end and carefully positioned it on my monolith.

Dare I say that this is my favourite piece of work from the new Summer release? I love everything that Visible Image has ever released but there is something really special about these stamps that just makes me...HAPPY!!! Thanks for reading! 
Don't forget to tune in! 


4pm UK time AND.....
6pm and 9pm UK time!

it's going to be AWESOME!



2 comments:

  1. So beautuful- and I can't wait to see the 'extra features' to the stamp sets on C&C!
    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautuful- and I can't wait to see the 'extra features' to the stamp sets on C&C!
    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete