Sunday, 25 September 2016

Do it with Passion!

This week's share is a card I made for my son's friend. Having lots of musical friends, these stamps are never far from my reach when it comes to making birthday and celebration cards.

The background card was splatted with Brushos and spritzed to bring it to life. I love that bit!


I then tried my florescent ink pad for the sound waves from MUSIC SPEAKS.

I stamped the text with Black archival ink - no need to emboss this as it gives a deep, crisp impression. I edged round the word PASSION with a blue fineliner.

I took a leaf out of Mark's book (from when he was demonstrating the stamps on Create & Craft) and background stamped the edgy splat from the new MUSIC ON WORLD OFF set
Then I stamped my ROCK OUT guitarist with Versamark, added black powder and heat embossed it for a real sheen. I love the shiny finish!
To finish, before I mounted the card, I edge stamped using the same background stamp from before, the Edgy splats, in black, flourescent yellow, and then a bit more in blue to fill in any empty spaces and add contrast 
I kind of randomly stamped the music stave from SOUL MUSIC all over my florescent yellow backing paper onto which I then mounted the topper. 

I love this 'Do it with Passion' stamp. Look right into the detail - the scratchy elements, the whispy bits....I've never seen typesetting like it. And those words - well that just sums up Visible Image in a sentence!

And here's the drummer version! A late addition but sent as a thank you to our boy's music teacher!


Click these links to get to the Visible Image shop, The Visible Image facebook page, the facebook group where you can share your makes and get inspiration, and of course the blog 
Thanks for stopping by 
Nicky x





3 comments:

  1. Brilliant cards Nicky, they have such life to them. I've not seen any florescent ink pad, but they sound perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, it's a docrafts Artiste one, Neon. I guess it works in the same way as the ink in highlighter pens. Oohhhh.....now that's an idea...!

      Delete
  2. Love it, Love it, Love it :) The colours are fab x

    ReplyDelete