Saturday, 3 September 2016

Christening Cross - Tonic Studios

I love a Christening card- especially since I got my beautiful Tonic New Life Cross 2 die set - and I used pink satin thick paper and white card to build up this project. 

Also used:
Tonic Patterned Panels - The inside of Classic Quatrefoil
                                    - The outer edge of Budding Vine
Tonic flower punches
Swirl die from Tonic Beautiful Blooms
Oval and scalloped oval dies
Pink ribbon and white pearls
I cut the pink panel out of a piece of A5, then the white out of a similar sized piece, but I trimmed both so that the white was about 4mm smaller each way than my pink. That way, the pink is both the feature and the border. Matting and layering with lengths of foam tape for depth and neatness built the card up, and TOP TIP - Use your craft knife and a non-stick mat to slice quickly and neatly down the length of your foam tape - economical and perfect for neat, thin strips! 
I adhered the cross to the panel in the same way, AND added another thin strip out of sight, behing the cross underneath the panel to fix it fast

By doing this it guarantees an even depth and keeps your panel just raised from the base card, it's a lovely effect. 
Pearls, ribbons, bows, and a sentiment to finish!

Thanks for looking
Nicky x




No comments:

Post a Comment