Saturday, 30 July 2016

Mr Bone Jangles gets Funky!

Today I'd like to share with you a door hanger that represents my teenage son (and probably the majority of teenagers across the world!) The words from this amazing pairing of stamps from Visible Image just sum him up completely.

The stamps I have used on this are the new releases Mr Bone Jangles , Music On World Off, and a couple of my older favourites, Soul Music and the soundwave from Music Speaks.
For my base I used these fab acrylic chalk paints, the crackle glaze over the blue, and then a coat of black just makes an amazing effect.

I stamped and embossed Mr Bone Jangles himself onto painted cardstock and carefully cut him out. The headphones fit perfectly over the skull (that is so cool) and I stamped and embossed them directly onto the door hanger

I stamped the music stave and used embossing paste over a star stencil. The text is stamped and embossed in white onto black card and extra detail added with a white pen.So what's on the back?
A little bit calmer, a bit more chilled out, but still plenty of skulls! This time I did the paler background over crackle glaze, over black. I love this effect the most.

And the grooving skeletons!

Funky!

Click the links to get to the Visible Image shop, the Visible Image facebook page, the facebook group where you can share your makes and get inspiration, and of course the blog 

You're always welcome to browse my blog, look for my Visible Image work in the side bar, and don't forget to lose yourself in the awesome blogs and inspiration of my fellow design team members! 

Thanks for looking! 
Nicky



 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nicky, wow, fabulous project. I love this stamp and you've made something very special with it. Lovely to meet you yesterday. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicky, wow, fabulous project. I love this stamp and you've made something very special with it. Lovely to meet you yesterday. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cathy! And fab to meet you too. I love this crafty life and the new friends it brings x

    ReplyDelete