Saturday, 15 July 2017

Time waits... for Visible Image

I've been playing with the fantabulous Ahead of our time and Alphabetical stamps from Visible Image, making up my own quotes using the letters, and backgrounds too...can you see the tick tock? Look into the image! Having all these possibilities allows you to really get creative. No constraints, no restrictions...think of something to say and say it!!

I inked up my backgrounds with distress oxides and splashed the card with water to get the bleached-out effect. I stamped my main feature with brown Nuvo Hybrid ink, I love this ink as you don't have to think about what pens to use with them -it's untouchable, there's no 'wrong' medium to use! Alcohol or water-based pens - they can't touch it!
I formed the words with the stamps. They look quite lively here, but once all the other elements are added they will become more of a background.
I DID use my Tim Holtz stamping platform for my stamped features. Just to guarantee clarity and a strong colour. Like I have said on a previous post, I have been stamping happily for years without one. and still would if I wasn't lucky enough to have one, but for guaranteed clear and professional results, I can't recommend one of these enough!
It also came in handy for the boxes from the Alphabetical set which I used to stamp the word 'MAN' into. As you and see, I stamped the central box first, masked it with some sticky paper and stamped either side. 
This masking resulted in a funky display of boxes into which I stamped my required lettering.
Adding extra stamps from the set, in dark colours, and shading from the outside in with distress inks, adds, I hope, to the depth of the image, or at least that's what I tried to create! I also masked over the whole of the 'MAN' boxes to bring the letters to the foreground.

Don't forget to enter the Visible Image 'Splash of Colour' challenge over on their faceboog group this month, to be in with a chance of winning an amazing coupon to spend in their shop. 
Here are all the links you need:
Make sure you check out:



And don't forget to add the following to your apps!

Happy Crafting
Nicky x










No comments:

Post a Comment