Saturday, 8 July 2017

One bunny - three ways

Hello, I'd like to share today three cards that I made from the one bunny rabbit die which is by Fuzzy Lemon and is available from CraftStash.co.uk. I chose to play with this one as it's a cute die, it cuts just an outline but to me it's a perfect starting point for creating a variety of cards. so...this is what I did...
Firstly I die-cut two on plain white card, and used distress inks to shade them. I lifted them slightly with an outline of thin black pen, and this worked well with the stamping I did behind, and round the circle, with freebies from  Papercraft Essentials 144 magazine. I love that you can take the tiniest stamp, like a carrot, for example, and turn it into a major feature of a card. With these two garden bunnies, it just seemed perfect!

With this card, I die-cut carefully, left of centre, into a piece of card slightly smaller than A6. Then I turned my card over and did the same again, to get a mirror image of the rabbit. Although the card does show, at the point of cutting, which way the die has gone through, all that is needed is to place the card between a couple of sheets of paper (no die in it) and run it through your die-cutting machine. This flattens any slight curving on both sides and makes it pretty much impossible to see which was the original cut and which was the reverse cut.A layer of acetate and 3D tape arounfdthe bunnies on the reverse, a handful of sequins, and a computer generated greeting, and this card was complete!

For this card, I dug out a selection of pretty papers and a couple of old embossing folders, and cut my bunny several times. Some on patterned, some plain, some embossed. What's cuter than one bunny? Lots of them! The edge of this square card has been die-cut with some lovely stitched border dies, a neat finish just to add an extra touch to your project. 
I guess you could say, when I finished these cards, I was one happy bunny!

Check out the latest releases from Fuzzy Lemon on CraftStash now, there are some seriously gorgeous dies on there!

Happy Crafting
Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment