Tuesday, 9 May 2017

Sparkle and Shine...and rub, and drop, and emboss... with Nuvo!

I'm sharing one of my samples for Paula's fabulous Nuvo Monochromatic Bundles show, which was on Hochanda on Tuesday 9th May, so if you've missed them, you can find them on Rewind!

I played with the silver bundle which looks like this:
From left to right you have the amazing Sparkle Dust glitter, I don't think I've found one finer. Next we have the embossing powder, the Nuvo drops I love so much, then the Glimmer paste, perfect for applying through stencils for a strong glittery finish. Finally the Mousse, which I will confess is quite new for me, but I did love it and it was so incredibly easy to use. And of an undescribable squishy consistency. Gorgeous!

I also used the Tonic Studios layered star dies for this project, and long-time Tonic fans may recognise the Sparkle and Shine sentiment from the 'Girls' Night Out range. 

For the glittered card, I used the paste through the falling diamonds stencil and allowed it to dry a few hours. Then I cut my star shape and extra bits to fill the card. 

The stars - I covered a piece of white card in a double sided sticky sheet and cut a larger star. I removed the sticky backing and laid a smaller star over it, and applied glitter all round the edge. I did this in a couple of other places too - and on the small stars - that was fun! 

The sentiment - I started with white card, die-cut my words and rubbed the Nuvo Clear Mark pad over them before covering in silver embossing powder and heat embossing...twice! The lovely metallic finish is so cool!
Making sure I used every product, I rubbed mousse over some of the smaller die-cut stars, and got an instant transformation of a plain piece of card. 

With a bit of spare card it was only right to make a matching gift tag - and besides it gave me a chance to heat emboss a sentiment again...I need to remember to do this more often!

A fun challenge, but loving silver as much as I do, it was great to mix and match all the products together on the one project. 

Happy crafting!
Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment