Sunday, 7 May 2017

ATCs - Yes please!

If you're a fan of Tonic Studios you will surely have picked up on the buzz over their new ATC dies, showcased on Hochanda this weekend. 

What a lot of fun you can have with something so small!

Here are a few of my samples, showing the versatility of these little sets, 3.5x2.5 inches to be precise. The same size as a playing card.

A matching trio in red, black and gold, a classic combination. You might recognise elements from the Whimsical Frames, another recent release, and perfect, stamped and embossed, on these little cards.

I decided to try for a shaker ATC with this design, cutting a piece of acetate to place behind the window, and seeking out my sequins! 

Simple and stylish, I stamped with a Tonic Sentimental Strip stamp, It's your Special Day, and used a heart die to pick out some detail. Gorgeous Cobalt Blue Craft Perfect satin card complimented the concept.

My city trio, with the travel dies, I tried to incorporate something from each country, hence the blue-white-red of the tricolore, the famous London Bridge, and the unmistakeable landmarks of New York. Lots of fun, this trio!

Perhaps my favourite? I made a long ticket tape out of the 'A Note to Say' die, well, for long - three cuts isn't exactly an arduous task! But it worked really well with the 'hello' die (my favourite component of the whole set!) 

But these don't just have to be ATCs - build them up on cards-
With this one I used the Delicate Detail stamps and Distress Oxides inks

The fabulous Tonic layering stars die made this card to show off this funky little ATC

I found this zig zag paper in a Tonic paper pad, so the colour scheme was easy, especially given the range of colours in the Tonic Craft Perfect cardstock selection, all of which I have used here making these ATCs and cards!

Love this little dog from the Marmelade and Friends collection of stamps, very cute indeed! I picked colours that matched with the backing paper I found and created this quick and easy notelet card.

Not even a card...
Four ACTs hinged together and an easy base in the bottom, et voila! A tealight holder (artificial candle of course!) 
No end to the opportunities with these little ATCs - I think they are fab! 

Thanks for reading, I'd love to know your thoughts on ATCs, leave me a comment to let me know!

Happy crafting
Nicky




No comments:

Post a Comment