Saturday, 15 April 2017

Win and Tonic April Challenge

Hello, and Happy Easter! Seeing as I'm posting this on the Easter weekend for the April Win and Tonic Challenge, it seemed only right that I should choose something appropriate, and here it is:
The sweet treat launch was a resounding success, I am loving seeing everyone's creations popping up all over social media this last two weeks - keep up the good work! 

This Easter treat box was simply constructed from the Tonic Studios Dimensions die set- Cake Slice Box, soon to be available with all Tonic retailers. 
Cut out simply in white, I wanted to keep the colour scheme simple and spring like - one of the themes of this month's Win and Tonic Challenge. I only cut detail into the sides and closing panel, leaving the top and bottom firm, and once I had stuck it together with strong DS tape, I also added a length of acetate up the insides of the box to strengthen it. 

You may have spotted the inspiration for my colours... I saw some foiled eggs in my supermarket and they inspired me, so I used my new Nuvo Glitter Markers, mixed them together and with a drop of water, and delicately coloured in some detail

What's this stamp? well - it's another Tonic Studios brand new collection, out this weekend, being shown on Hochanda by the very talented Paula Pascual. It's called Delicate Detail, this one is the Floral Tag stamp. When I was looking at it I realised that the tiny insert die from the Cake Slice Box would fit in the tag... so that's what I did!



I hope you are inspired to take the April Win and Tonic challenge. As usual there will be a lovely prize available from Tonic Studios themselves, all you have to do is share a brand new card or papercrafting project that we haven't seen before, and that fits at least one of these criteria:

Colour -   think Spring, so anything pastel, greens, whatever makes you think of this season
Technique - make an Easter Treat box or bag or gift
Product – any basic shape die 
Theme – open theme so any occasion

Hop on over to The Win and Tonic blog for full t's and c's and lots more DT inspiration!

and good luck to all those entering!

Happy Crafting
Nicky



No comments:

Post a Comment