Thursday, 30 March 2017

Cupcake card - Tonic Studios Dimensions Launch

Hello and here is a card I made with the adorable little die that comes as part of the new Tonic Studios Cupcake and Treat box Dimensions set. On its own it is divine,making a perfect little topper for a card, and also a funky stencil background, as I have done here.

What I used:
  • Cupcake die
  • White card
  • Pink and turquoise card for matting and layering
  • Picked Raspberry, Cracked Pistachio, Salty Ocean Distress Inks
  • Blending eggs
  • Birthday Wishes sentiment
  • Ribbon and large gems
How I did it:
I cut three white cupcake outlines, one for each colour, and positioned one randomly on the white cardstock. I then inked through it with the blending egg and Picked Raspberry distress ink, then moved it and did the same again. As well as stencilling through, you also get a nice pink die-cut

I repeated these steps with the blue and green, trying not to cross the colours too much but it doesn't matter if you do, you still end up with a pretty background and three brightly coloured cupcake outlines.

Then I cleaned my hands and cut three cupcake solid shapes, and glued the coloured outlines over them. A quick arrangement, a trio of glittery jewels and a ribbon and bow, and I matted and layered the square panel onto the 15x15cm card base.

If you loved the show on Hochanda keep your eyes open for more inspiration over the next few days - there will be lots! 

Happy crafting


Nicky x



No comments:

Post a Comment