Sunday, 15 January 2017

Win and Tonic - January Challenge

Here's a card I made for the January Challenge, using the THEME - Love and Marriage, and also the technique of LAYERING!
It was a personal challenge to myself to go almost white on white - ok, so it's cream on white, but as a colourful crafter, I wanted to do something a bit different this time. 

Here is a description of what I did and what I used:
  • Tonic Craft Perfect card on Cream and White 
  • 15x15cm card blank
  • Twisting Veranda Dies
  • Miniature Moments Congratulations die
  • Rococo Lucky Horseshoe (bow) and Birthday Bundle (bunting)
  • Tonic Miniature Moments Wedding die
  • Nuvo Crystal Drops Buttermilk
  • Nuvo Glitter drops - White Blizzard

1. I first added a spine to my card by scoring 2cm to the right of the centre fold and removing a 2cm strip from the left hand side of the card. When folded, you then have a matching front and back, and it allows you to decorate the spine - in this case with a diecut Congratulations. I did this as I knew my layers were going to be quite deep within the aperture and I was then able to enjoy building them up, and also the card stands very nicely, like a slightly open book.


2. I die cut an aperture on the front of the card using the Twisting Veranda, then diecut the leafy detail too.

3.I cut a frame the same size as the aperture from the cream card and die cut the leafy detail. I glued the cream frame into position over white frame on the card front.

4. I added bunting and a bow in the matching colours and stuck the ‘Congratulations’ onto white spine of the card. I added two roses from the Wedding die, cut in cream, to the bottom of the front of the card.

5. I decorated the inside of the card 

I diecut a white base, a detailed cream panel to match the front of the card, and another whole white layer, and attached them with sticky foam pads to build up height. A cream diecut of the wedding 'wreath'  completed the layering.


6. I completed the card by adding Nuvo drops where I could, enhancing the Twisting Veranda frames, the bunting, and then some random dots to contrast against the white of the base card.

I hope this card inspires you to join us over on this month's Win and Tonic Challenge on the blog. Click here to pop across for more DT inspiration and to join in with a chance of winning a fabulous prize from Tonic Studios!

Happy Crafting!
Nicky x









1 comment:

  1. Stunning card and love all the layers and attention to detail x

    ReplyDelete