Monday, 16 January 2017

Stamping fun with Pampered Pets - Craftwork Cards

Hello and today I'm going to share some of the stamped cards I prepared for the launch of Craftwork Cards' new Pampered Pets Collection, which came with two superb little stamp sets, and I was lucky enough to play with the dogs one. 

The very first card I made, I looked at the little faces of one of the cuties and made myself some 3.5cm squares. The photo tells the story... all I did to finish off was select three Nuvo Aqua Flow pens and a water brush, and I coloured in the backgrounds in a shades of watery pastels.

Continuing on the theme, I wanted to do a brighter version, and I also mixed up my pooches. I coloured the backgrounds using 'neat' Nuvo Aqua flows, therefore getting a stronger colour. Funky! 


Time for a bit of colouring - but just the feature dog. Can you tell I love my Aqua Flows...they are my go-to colouring medium at the moment! 


Getting brighter now. Nuvo Aqua Markers again to make a multicoloured background, but first I made a heart template out of paper and went round it using my little bone stamp. I then added the colour round it with my waterbrush. The doggies in the middle take moments to colour in, they are very simple, and a drop of colour and a touch of shading are all that's needed. 


Inspired by three cockapoos we know, I used two colours of distress ink to make a background, and made this 'reverse' easel by folding the top part of the card out, rather than in. The three little bones on the base hold the easel up easel-y!!! I used florescent ink to make the little jackets look authentic!


As I said, colouring in the dogs doesn't have to be difficult - this one took about 20 seconds, a spot of beige on the face! I've used the new Craftwork Cards Reveal-Its for the backgrounds, coloured with a combination of red and pink distress inks.


And finally... sharing the love with a heart-shaped die, and some heart-shaped reveal-its too - the colouring in is negligible, but the cuteness overload from these little characters is immense! 

TOP TIP! Notice that on the dogs' eyes that I've painted, I have added a tiny dot of white Sakura Gelly Roll pen, it makes their eyes twinkle and come alive. 

I'm so looking forward to seeing what you crafters come up with, with your stamps and paper sets. You can see eveything that's available at Craftwork Cards.

Have a woof-erly time!

Nicky x





1 comment: