Thursday, 15 December 2016

Nuvo Aqua Flow pens - Tonic Studios

Today I'm sharing my makes from this week's double launch from Tonic Studios - amazing Nuvo Aqua Flow pens and Craft Perfect Foiled Card Blanks.

The pens have the capacity to change the way you look at stamping, but for this launch, I concentrated on colouring and painting with them, and I absolutely loved the effects you can get with even just the one pen. Here are some of my samples and a little explanation of how I put them together...

A simple colour wash of the Indigo Dawn, thinning out the ink as I went across. Splashes of water to lift some of the colour and purple splattering to add deep highlights. The dies are all Tonic Studios, I love my go-to Beautiful Blooms sets, this one is from Sunburst Gazania

One colour again -  Azure Blue, washed and lightened across the card. This time I picked out the detail in the mandala-style foiling with the pen and a waterbrush for lighter colours. The dragonfly is from the Mandala Moments set released in November.

Aqua Splash with evergreen Fern...a colour wash and then a blotted technique to build it all up. The ribbon has been coloured buy the pens!

A pink wash from the Red Apple pen, and then the colourof the flowers and the sentiment taken out with a waterbrush. I then used the fabulous Glitter Gloss pen to make the flowers shine. 

Spiced Ginger and Lemon Zest all over the card blank, then Obsidian Black for detail. This time I applied the Glitter Gloss pen to the black for a gorgeous sheen

Straight-forward colouring with four pastel shades, but in order to accommodate the topper I decided to cut an aperture through the front of the card. Waste not, want not - I quartered it to add detail inside the aperture when the card is open.

Red Apple and Spiced Ginger...and the orange came from mixing them together. The red behind the gold frame is simple achieved by colouring directly onto white diecut cardstock - no more hunting matching colours in the scraps box!

And finally....my favourite of all the cards I made for the samples...
Three colours of wash, Soft Rose, Aqua Splash and Azure Blue, and then splashes of Indigo Dawn. I also water painted out the colour from the flowers and repainted with light Indigo Dawn, to keep the intensity of the colour, and to match the Tonic Sent With Love topper that just finished the piece off. 

I genuinely love this set of pens, there are over 50 DT photos to inspire you on the Tonic Pinterest Page, definitely worth a look!! 

Enjoy your pens if you get them, I really do love them and they will feature in lots of my up-coming work, that's for sure, 
Happy Crafting
Nicky x








No comments:

Post a Comment