Sunday, 23 October 2016

Over to my Dark Side, with Visible Image

I see beauty in everything, I see pretties, I see the positive side of life...but sometimes I open a doorway to the dark side, to the things that I fear...and I decided, at this seasonal time, to show my fears. 

I created a spider web using the flower stem from IMPERFECTION IS BEAUTY 
I practised on plain paper first, as to build up the web you have to only partially ink the stamp to get the right distances 
This was my prep work to see how I might create a web.
Then I made my coloured background, in fact I made six: 
While playing with my stamping plate and my colours and stencils, it made sense to try a few ideas and different textures.
Once dry, I selected my background sheet and began work on my spider web with the stamp and Archival black ink .
                         
I then began to make my features, my skull-headed moth...
and my three skulls...
I used the Edgy Splat from MUSIC ON WORLD OFF to define the moth a little, and also all over the edge frame. 

To finish the frame I edged all the way round it with the Flower Inkognito Stem again, to draw the eye into the picture. 

VISIBLE IMAGE Stamps used in this project 
Mr Bone Jangles
Imperfection is Beauty
Music on World Off
Glimmer of Light

Click these links to get to the Visible Image shop, The Visible Image facebook page, the facebook group where you can share your makes and get inspiration, and of course the blog 

Don't have nightmares!
Nicky x




2 comments:

  1. Love how you have gone over to the dark side with this Nicky. So many great elements to discover. Love it!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have gone over to the dark side with this Nicky. So many great elements to discover. Love it!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete