Wednesday, 12 October 2016

My favourite snowflake - Part 2!


Following on from my fun with the blue snowflake card using the fabulous Winter Snowflake from Tonic Studios, I looked at how to use the die-cut WASTE  the bit that's left IN the card when you die-cut it out - as a stencil to make a background ...


Here's how I did it! 

I first made myself some pink card with two chalk paints and allowed it to dry. I used the waste from the snowflake diecut and a sponge with Tonic Nuvo white pearl acrylic to edge-stencil round my 13x13 square to make it look like edges of snowflakes (I LOVE how pearly this paint is!)


I added just a few of the smaller snowflakes from the Mini Wreath decorations set to fill in the spaces.


 To do this I just used the snowflake waste from the set and a little dauber with the pearly acrylic paint again, just through the snowflake.

-
To make the snowflake topper I used 3 diecuts and snipped two of them, sponging the largest and smallest with the pearly acrylic again, and the middle, and one snowflake from the Mini Wreath decorations set with pink.

I decorated the snowflakes with pink Nuvo Drops and layered them up with sticky pads, topping off with a tiny gem.
  

A stamped and embossed sentiment and a white ribbon and bow to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment