Saturday, 8 October 2016

My Favourite Snowflake - Part 1

More Christmas today - and a card with all the effect achieved from just the one Tonic Studios Winter Snowflake. 


I made a background of pale blues using chalk paint. (sometimes it’s more textured than plain card) I diecut one snowflake to use as a stencil, and laid it over my base card.


 With a sponge and some navy blue Nuvo drops I gently sponged over the stencil a few times, really easy to do, just hold it down in the middle and sponge round it.
This was the effect I got:



Then I realised I also had a nice blue snowflake coloured entirely with Nuvo drops and I had to use it!!




I had only intended it to be the stencil but it was so lovely and pearly!




I used dies from Celtic Dream layering set to mount my blue snowflake and presented it on a simple easel card, using a ribbon bow as a stopper. 
Thanks for dropping by!
More Christmas coming soon!
Nicky

2 comments:

  1. I adore this, Nicky - simply stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this, Nicky - simply stunning! x

    ReplyDelete