Saturday, 13 August 2016

Beautiful rainbow butterflies - Visible Image


A selection of cards today, I've gone crazy for these butterflies from the Visible Image Own Kind of Beautiful Set. For these projects they just said to me 'rainbows' so I got my colours out (with a tiny bit of artistic licence ie pink to round up the 'rainbow' to 8 colours!)

 I lightly drew a 6cm radius circle onto a large square of card, and measured 8 points 

Then I stamped my background butterflies and then rubbed out my pencil marks. I added a dot of red tape to each one and stamped my sentiment carefully, inking up my stamp with five colours 

On this card I just stamped and embossed my butterflies in white onto heat resistant acetate, but then I got a bit more adventurous with subsequent cards and got my coloured pigment inks out, plus the holographic powder...

I also stamped and shadow stamped the background just subtly, and made a border using the same colour inks in the same sequence. Those extra criss-cross strips are there because they were my off-cuts when I trimmed the backing card and I simply couldn't throw them away!

I love the sparkle in these butterflies.

One more share...
How cards evolve....I loved the subtlety of shadow stamping , or 'second generation stamping' where you stamp your colour first onto one card but then before you re-ink, stamp it again. This is such a simple effect, much more subtle colours and contrasts are achieved, should you wish to. even though I am a seasoned stamper it is good to remember this most simple but effective of techniques! This DL card was achieved in this way, but this time I put a bit of colour into each butterfly with a a couple of shades of distress ink on each,having stamped onto thin white card and heat embossed with white embossing powder providing a beautiful resist to the inks. 


I hope I've inspired you to go and make your own rainbows and create your own kind of beautiful!

Click these links to get to the Visible Image shop, the Visible Image facebook page, the facebook group where you can share your makes and get inspiration, and of course the blog 

You're always welcome to browse my blog, look for my Visible Image work in the side bar, and don't forget to lose yourself in the awesome blogs and inspiration of my fellow design team members! 

Thanks for looking! 
Nicky





4 comments:

  1. Really fresh, beautiful cards, Nicky! And the stamps are lush <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Nicky. Your stamping is amazing, wonderful techniques. I just love the rainbow colours. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS ♥

    Really loving all your artwork Nicky xx

    ReplyDelete