Saturday, 23 July 2016

Tonic and more Tonic...Wedding card!


There's more to this card than meets the eye - but it was so simple to make with the Tonic Studios Mr&Mrs die, and all the Affections heart-shaped dies that go so well with it. With polka dots the theme of the wedding, the colour choice was easy too. So...what's inside?


Firstly I turned a 6x6 fancy card blank into a book cover by scoring and folding about 7mm either side of the fold. I reinforced inside and out with a narrow strip of card and covered it all with ribbon. So this now allows for depth with embellishing the inside of the 'card'. ( I had in mind a more modern version of my much loved 'bookatrix', but in order to fit my dies in I knew it had to be more square)

INSIDE -  I did my own personalised printing for the couple, but the extra depth available to me allowed me to get giddy with the layers, using foam tape and really making them stand proud. 




For the verse - I printed onto white card and embellished with a single heart die, all that is needed.
I decorated the box too in the theme, once you get rolling it's so easy to play with the dies and mix and match to make a very special keepsake card. 


Thanks for popping by!
Nicky x



No comments:

Post a Comment