Thursday, 2 June 2016

One stamp - four backgrounds


Today I'd like to share with you a little play with the Butterfly Inkognito Set, just one of the gorgeous stamps available from Visible Image. I'd been desperate to play with this as soon as I saw it, so I first set myself a challenge of making 4 inky backgrounds, and it was they that led me to choose my complementary style and colour of butterfly!

Soft and delicate


 A touch of blues and lilac Tim Holz Distress inks on my glass mat, a spritz of water and a rub of my smooth white card - and I got this soft background. Once dry I used a Kaleidoscope Rainbow ink pad and stamped once direct onto my card, and also once onto heat resistant acetate, which I then coated with clear sparkle embossing powder and heated, and cut out the butterfly shape.


Can you see how I did the delicate droplets around the edge?All from this butterfly stamp!






On watercolour card


 A more mottled effect was achieved through applying 5 inks yellow-orange-red and spritzing again, but this time I applied watercolour card. A few extra droplets in the right colours from the Brilliant Backgrounds Ink Splats stamp, and this time I did a black butterfly direct to the card, and another onto heat-resistant acetate, embossed with black sparkle (my new favourite powder!) A few gems finished off the card 




Two tone


Picked raspberry and a lovely blue - and a complementary one-off sparkly blue embossing powder I didn't know I had! The circles are....LIDS from glue/acrylic paint pots which I colour matched.A few sequins for extra sparkle!









4x4

You know those tiny Distress ink cubes - they can come in packs of 4? Well this effect was achieved with five randomly chosen colours. I barely gave it any thought, I just pressed them quickly onto my glass mat, made a 4x4 square and spritzed before placing white card over the top. Et voila! White embossing powder for the butterfly and the sentiment, and a few randomly placed tiny coloured gems was all this card needed. 




I hope you've enjoyed my mini guide to background stamping, With beautiful stamps like these you need to make sure you show them off to their best potential! 



For links to Visible Image website click here


To join the Visible Image Facebook group for inspiration and to share your own creations click here


To access the Visible Image blog click here

Thanks for looking!
Nicky














7 comments:

  1. Love them all and really good ideas...thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all and really good ideas...thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Nicky your so clever xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Nicky your so clever xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all 4 cards, simply beautiful. Karen x

    ReplyDelete