Tuesday, 21 June 2016

Heritage Rose Birthday - Craftwork Cards

Playing with papers again - namely the Heritage Rose set from the new Craftwork Cards USB. I haven't used these papers before and now I am wondering why I haven't always had them in my life - they are beautiful!

 So - today's project was a special birthday card. For the shape I took 2 20x20cm card blanks and cut diagonal corners off as shown. A bit like an 'envelope card' but I folded the fronts back...An 'envelope gatefold', perhaps?! Simply stick one square to the other and you have your card blank!


It was then all about the papers, just selecting, printing and trimming to size. I made my own personalised sentiment on a Word document using 2 styles of text in Wordart.
A bit of bling.....the gems followed the diagonal lines of the card
The obligatory stickles on the embellishments! All hand cut with just a mm or so white border, I love that effect. I pretty much used every embellishment of the sheet I printed up - waste not, want not! 

Not forgetting the back of the card!
I'd printed up a couple of sentiments but decided not to use them on the front. So in lieu of a verse I topped and bottomed the section I'd left for a hand written message.

And finally....
The box!  why not?! One more sheet of paper, a straight forward print and trim. I like this kind of finishing touch!

For lots more Pinterest inspiration for the Heritage Rose papers click here!

To get straight to Craftwork Cards website click here!

Thanks for stopping by, 

it's always a pleasure to welcome visitors to my page!


Nicky xx






No comments:

Post a Comment