Saturday, 21 May 2016

Just hit play

I loved this stamp from the moment I saw it and have at last managed to have a proper play with it! Who did I have in mind when I made this? ....Me! 


Made by Visible Image this stamp has just the coolest cassette - makes me feel retro, not old! And the accompanying sentiment...well I'm in 100% agreement with that! 


To make the cassette look authentic I stamped and embossed it onto white card, and also onto heat resistant acetate. I cut out the viewing panel from the white card. A careful bit of sticking plus a little hole punch through the 'holes' at the bottom of the casssette gave it a fab 3d effect when it went on the card front on  sticky pads


I can only describe this as the credit card technique. These paints are so stunning, little blobs on a glass mat and then drag the paint across your card - it layers up beautifully and dries in seconds too


Another technique I picked up was 'lid stamping' - literally dipping the lid into blobs of paint and pressing it to the card. With some funky circles from the  Visible Image Universal set there was enough background to build on, and all I had to do was attach the cassette and the sentiment. 


Thanks for looking! Nicky

No comments:

Post a Comment