Tuesday, 17 May 2016

A spot of nautical home decor

Not a card! But a little project - a deep 3D box frame which I painted and decorated myself with delicious Craftwork Cards Harbour Boulevard papers.

 It only measures 6x6 inches but it gave me plenty of room to play, ripping papers for the sea, decoupaging the beach huts and of course carefully cutting out the anchor and the very fiddly seagull!
Lots of assorted sticky pads were used to raise the anchor off the background then I covered the frame with a piece of acetate, which in turn I covered with mitred strips of shell paper. Topping it off with a couple more shells and the necessary lighthouse, and the project was almost complete...


It might have stood up ok on its own but I thought I might as well add a tiny stand - just out of card,  adhered with strong tape. 






Thanks for stopping by!
Nicky x.

No comments:

Post a Comment