I always love a wedding card and this style is no exception. That's what's so special about a hand crafted card - yes the shops are full of beautiful wedding cards but you just don't get anything near as unique and special as this! Partly down to the sumptuous Tonic Studios affections hearts which cut so easily through two layers of card to make the base, to create an easel card unlike anything commercially available.
- To achieve this style of card you need to cut a double with the top of the die just overhanginging the fold of a 6x6inch square card blank, by about 1cm, then score the 'front' one horizontally half way up. 2
- Cut a second heart of the same size on one piece of card.
- Apply glue or double sided tape to the BOTTOM section only of the card you've just scored and then stick the single heart neatly over it.
- As you raise/push the front of the card it makes an easel, which you can then wedge in place with a raised bit of card, in this case I used my word plaque as a stopper once I'd decorated my card.
- Decorate! I used three small flowers from the Beautiful Blooms like this Sunburst Gazania, silver outlines on navy cardstock, and some Nuvo navy blue crystal drops
If you're a Tonic fan reading this, you'll be delighted to know that the much sought after Mr&Mrs die is back soon - you can add your details to this waiting list direct with Tonic Studios themselves, and you will be the first to know when they are available again! I'd say they were a MUST-HAVE purchase to add to your wedding collection - with or without the extra frames!
This card is part of the Tonic Studios Win and Tonic Challenge - Click on this link to see some truly amazing cards by some very talented crafters!