Sunday, 15 May 2016

A feast of flowers


My challenge to myself was to cut and use a circle aperture out of a top folding card. I don't know why - just part of my never-ending quest for new shapes! 


To achieve this I measured and placed my circle die astride the central fold (although I only scored it at the edges) By careful positioning of my cutting plates I only cut half of the circle.



Another circle cut and a careful fold and the card was ready to decorate


It was an afterthought to make a little W shaped brace, which I attached to the inside front and back of the card. It ended up looking like a handbag but that was just an unintentional added bonus!


To make this card I used - 

  • Tonic Miniature Moments Best Friends 
  • Tonic Beautiful Blooms assorted flowers and leaves
  • Tonic Harrop Layering dies
  • Memory Box Pippi Butterfly outline and base
  • Creative Expressions Finishing Touches Ornamental Corners
  • Creative Expressions Finishing Touches Classic 3D Bow
This card is entered into the new Tonic challenge on Win & Tonic There are some amazing cards on there! Pop over and take a peek!


Thanks for looking!
Nicky x

 

4 comments:


  1. Nicky what can I say. Not much because my jaw is on the floor - this is stunning hunny, I absolutely love it. Thank you so much for joining us over at the Win & Tonic challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I just realised that you hadn't linked back to the challenge hunny. If you could do that it would be fab. Thanks heaps xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've linked it back now :-) It's all a big learning curve but I'm getting there! xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card, Nicky. My favourite colours too! Thanks for joining us at Win & Tonic, Ruth x

    ReplyDelete