Friday, 15 April 2016

One stamp, two drummers!


With not one but TWO drummers in the household, when I find a good drum kit stamp, I grab hold of it! This one cost an incredible 40p from a sale bin somewhere (I LOVE to rummage!) It came with the words 'Brother' and 'Happy Father's Day' so I will need to find at least a third combination for it for June! 

In the meantime here are two takes on it - so simple, honestly, each card took less than half an hour to put together. A few papers, a couple of ink pads....


For this card, a top fold, I found some scraps of appropriate paper from my black and white stash. I chose a diagonal cross pattern because at that very moment someone held up a card in this style on the TV and I thought 'oohhhh!' that'll do. 

I stamped the three features onto a scrap of lined Kanban card, digging out some old typewriter button style letters for the 'DAD' (It looks like I've only ever used the D and the A so I must have done this before! A bit of matting and layering and a bit of silver for zing....and it was done! 

The central image for this is from a Hunkydory Little Book, Tots to Teens, I think, which I love. I sat and looked at the stamps and thought 'hmmmm.... borders?' and they fitted perfectly - a complete fluke! 

Red memento ink for the drumkit, black for the wording, and a couple of Hunkydory teeny toppers to finish off. 

Thanks for dropping by! 

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment