Monday, 25 April 2016

It got messy....

Something very new and different for me this week - I couldn't resist some musically inspired stamps from Visible Image, and as soon as they arrived I set to work playing and making a right old mess. I'm such a clean crafter by nature (not tidy - that's very different!) but I tend to shy away from inks and splots, but this kind of creativity relies on that, so, in the name of research and experimentation I had a go. 


Visible Image  'Music speaks' stamp 
 I dug out some white  embossing powder and first worked on the background, embossing some plain white paper with stars, which once heated and set, made a fabulous resist to a blue and red distress ink I just carefully rubbed on.

I have just a few arty stencils - honeycombs, stars, pindots, that kind of thing, so I used what I had and played, literally!

 For the top panel I used some Tim Holz distress stains and literally splatted them onto a bit of card. I LOVED the effect! Although it looked like I had a red and blue rash up my arms for a bit there. 

I stamped the guitars with the usual clear Versamark and embossed with blue and red powder, then a bit of cutting. After that it was just a case of trimming it all, layering onto white and finally onto a 15x15cm top-fold red card blank I made. 

I am so excited about these stamps - I love the different effects you get from distress inks, stains, powders...I shall be playing some more. With a household of musicians who gave their seal of approval I may have a market for these kinds of card. Drums, guitars, singers, would-be sound engineers - these stamps have it all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment