Tuesday, 26 April 2016

Experimenting with hot pink...

Why I bought hot pink embossing powder, I don't know! I can't think of any reason I would have chosen to buy it apart from it being reduced or something...but I am SO GLAD that I did, Bless this little pot of powder, in my box unloved and unwanted for years, it came into its own with this card! Just the colour I needed to bring this fabulous stamp to life

Singer, SING - Visible Image 'Sing' stamp set Soundwave - Visible Image 'Music Speaks' stamp set


This is serious messing....


3 Distress inks -  Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers and Seedless Preserves  - 
and a piece of 6x4 white card, I just smudged and
 rubbed ink all over then dried it, and stamped and
 embossed 3x silver soundwaves, (from the Music Speaks stamp) and 2 x singers in raspberry distress ink again, along with a few 'sings' in black soot distress ink.


Then I just went mad with my stencils 
(These are the only 3 funky ones I have!)

Some I inked through with Versamark , applied embossing powder and heat embossed, others I kept more subtle and just inked through lightly with distress inks. I got very excited about the 'rain' effect of the silver drops falling - It reminded me of those fancy falling firework effects you get on X Factor !

I embossed my singer and the word on black card in my now much loved hot pink powder and arranged them so she had something to stand on!



I had a brainwave at the end to wipe round the edge of the card with Versamark, and catch a bit of spare pink powder, heating it to  frame the mess, before matting onto black, then silver, and onto a blue 7x5 card.

No comments:

Post a Comment