Tuesday, 8 March 2016

I've finally done it!

Hello and welcome to my brand new blog! I'm literally learning as I go along so I apologise for the basic start - I can do cards, but I'm not so good at 'doing' technology!

Out of little acorns....


A quick introduction - 


I have been making cards all my life, only I didn't realise until my mum showed me photos of me proudly showing off creations I'd made for my brother when I must have been about 8! I remember my first paid commission for a wedding card when I was about 15, I was so excited and proud, I remember doing all the lettering in fancy gold calligraphy, I wish I had a picture of that one! 


Another memory is of making our wedding invitations and stationery 16 years ago, so I must have been very much into it then, but I have to say in the following few years with babies and a full-time job, creativity took a back seat!


In 2004 I walked past a Papermill shop on holiday in the north-east and I was captivated. All this paper and cardstock! So many colours! Fill a box.....I filled TWO! The slippery slope - I was hooked!!!Since then, and with a 3rd baby (now 10) and a supportive and patient husband, my hobby has grown and grown, out of a bedroom and into the dining room, which is lovely as I prefer being at the heart of my fabulous family, who is always prepared to eat tea 'on knees' if I have a project all over the table (quite often)


I shall endeavour to share my craft makes regularly along with hints and tips on how to achieve them. I am so lucky to have a gorgeous circle of crafty friends and we all inspire each other, so I look forward to a bit of blog hopping and linking, I hope you'll come with me on this next exciting stage of my crafty journey!


Thanks for dropping by! See you very soon! 


Nicky xx

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous, welcome to 'blogland' Nicky, your cards are amazing, your creativity overwhelming, you've certainly inspired me a time or two :)

    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, you're very kind - and equally inspiring!! I love all your creations and find myself getting far too excited about all the new crafty toys you showcase! x

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your blog Nicky and I know I'll be dropping by regularly for inspiration. Your cards are always gorgeous! Envious not just of your creative talent but your technical skills in stepping into blogland! Best wishes, Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic blog nicky ,I knew you could do it your a very talented crafter and I look forward to visiting your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic blog nicky ,I knew you could do it your a very talented crafter and I look forward to visiting your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete